The Teaching Assistant Volunteering in Córdoba, Argentina is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Education, Government of the Province of Cordoba and Onix Foundation (ICC). The program's goal are to develop and demonstrate intercultural communication competency through practical experience, comparative analysis of interpersonal communication patterns in two cultures, to encourage mutual understanding as well as international, educational/cultural exchange and Identify current educational issues, learn about similarities and differences in education among countries.
Program Description in Public Schools
The Teaching Assistant Volunteering provides participants an opportunity to experience Pre-elementary/elementary and secondary schools in an international setting at an introductory level and/or to compare and contrast educational systems in their home country. In their role as observers and assistants to a mentor teacher, participants gain an enriched perspective on teaching and schools. This practicum is appropriate for pre-service teachers at any stage of their teacher preparation program.
Application Deadline - 2014
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout this year. Please apply at least 6 weeks prior to your desired start date.
The requirements for this program are:
- Volunteers should be between ages 18-30.
- Internships minimum length of 4 weeks
- Curriculum Vitae in Spanish language
- Intermediate Spanish level – B1
- Intern Scholarship Essay/Personal Statement: academic achievements, work experience, community service, why coming to Argentina and how this experience will help his/her professional life
Our part as organizing Foundation is to include our regular service for the program but in this particular case we will offer different cultural talks or classes.
- Dedicated program coordinator to prepare the program prior to arrival
- Airport meet and greet service – (Pick-up)
- Accommodation: In a furnished single room of a house or flat. Living with local students, young working people or a host family. (no meals)
- A local cellular phone while in the Argentina (Argentina SIM card and Cellular Phone)
- A local bus card with 4 bus rides.
- Cross-cultural studies:
Ø Beliefs, culture, Interpersonal relations, social etiquette, values, ethics, customs and national characters. Food, drink, tourism and music.
- Individual orientation upon arrival to include:
Information regarding expectations, rules and guidelines for projects
Staff will accompany the intern to host organization on first day, plus periodic visits to ensure adequate progress
- Exchange program participation certificate from ICC
- CC answers all e-mails within 24/48 hours / Entire program is supervised at ICC
For more information and application please write to:
Dr. Carlos Giavay Waiss
Office of Admission
Calle Buenos Aires 124 Piso 3 Oficina 33 | C.P. 5000 Córdoba – Argentina
Tel: +54 - 351 – 4232837 / 4250547 | Cel: +54 -9- 351 (15)2381781